What is Gemba & Kaizen… what’s it got to do with a workshop?
- The term Kaizen comes from Japanese and is made up of two words: Kai, pronounced ”Kye”, meaning “change” and Zen meaning “good”….in other words “Improvement”
- Gemba means “the place where all activities are actually taking place” this involves evaluating the “trenches” or offices where the work is being done
- We gather your stakeholders in a room
Within in a few hours we can
- Map your current process
- Conduct a Voice of the Customer exercise to find out what your stakeholders really want
- Strip out the waste of your process
- Add additional steps to improve quality, compliance and value.
What we need to do this: A white board, brown paper, post-it notes, pens and the stakeholders involved in the process
Take a look at all of our services